- 3 T Hibiscus leaves, dried
- 2 bottles sauvignon blanc (make sure the description is full of grapefruit and citrus scents)
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 small orange, halved and thinly sliced
- Ice, for serving
Bring 2 1/2 cups of cold water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the Hibiscus leaves and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain liquid which becomes your Hibiscus Tea Pour the wine into a large container or pitcher. Add the tea, grapefruit juice and half of the orange slices. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. Just before serving, add the remaining orange slices. Serve very cold over ice.
Notes and additions:
Simple syrup is made by simmering equal parts sugar and water for about 10 minutes.
Add 1 1/4 cup pisco to wine, tea and grapefruit liquids
Add diced mango to liquid with orange slices
Use berries, limes and other colorful fruits
March 17, 2020
March 06, 2020
March 05, 2020