- 3 lbs stew meat, cubed (I prefer London broil)
- 2 Tbls oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 carrots, chopped
- 1 – 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 -3 potatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbs Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tsp caraway seed, toasted and ground
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 bouillon cubes or 2 Tbs vegetable broth seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onions in oil until soft, stirring frequently until golden brown. Remove onions and set aside.
- 2Sprinkle onion with paprika, stirring to mix and prevent burning.
- 3Add beef. Saute until beef is browned
- 4Add garlic, caraway, a bit of salt and pepper, bay leaf. Pour water to cover contents. Simmer on low for 1.5 hours
- 5Add vegetables and tomato paste. Simmer for another hour. Remove lid to reduce and thicken sauce. Taste to adjust seasonings.
- 6Serve over wide noodles with a dollop of sour cream on top.
June 30, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 06, 2020