Louisville Rice Salad
Dressing – serves 6
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange segments, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2Let rice cool for at least 30 minutes, stirring several times as it cools. Transfer to a large salad bowl.
- 3Mix vegetable oil, lemon juice, wine vinegar, sugar, chives, tarragon, and salt together in a bowl until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- 4Pour dressing over the cooled rice and stir to combine.
- 5Mix your choice of slivered almonds, raisins, mandarin orange segments, onion, celery, bell pepper, and peas into the rice mixture and lightly toss to combine.
- 6Cover salad and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
July 28, 2020
June 30, 2020
March 17, 2020