Three Pepper Almonds
Serves: 3-4 people
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking: 7 hours
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 cups raw whole almonds, blanched ***
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/ ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Place a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat and when it is hot, add the oil. Add the almonds and cook, stirring, just until they begin to color, about 5 minutes
- 3Add the brown sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, waiting until each tablespoon melts before adding the next, and cook until all but 1 tablespoon has been adding. Sprinkle in the pepper flakes, the black and white pepper, stirring all the while.
- 4Transfer the almonds to the prepared sheet and sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar and the salt. Separate the nuts and set aside to cool before serving.
- 5Makes 2 cups
***This recipe is inspired by our friends Steve and Carolyn!
March 21, 2019
March 20, 2019
October 28, 2018