- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 -2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 ear of fresh corn, cut kernels off ear; or use canned or frozen corn
- 2 pounds cod, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Bay Spice
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 oz Half & Half or milk of choice
- 1In a large stockpot, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute onions, mushrooms and celery in butter until tender.
- 2Add chicken stock and potatoes; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Add fish, and corn; simmer another 10 minutes.
- 4Season to taste with Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix together clam juice and flour until smooth; stir into soup with milk and heat until thickened. Remove from heat. Serve.
- This recipe is perfect for left over fish.
- I add a tsp of fish sauce to the clam juice and flour mixture.
- I love mushrooms and add more than 1 cup!
March 21, 2019
March 20, 2019
October 28, 2018