Bulgarian Tarator, Cold Cucumber Soup
Tarator is a delicious and healthy cold soup. It is also so very easy to make especially on hot summer days since no cooking is needed. This can be served as an appetizer too.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or diced very finely
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 1 – 2 Tbsp dill weed
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- In a large deep bowl combine cucumber, garlic, salt, oil and dill.
- Add yogurt and stir to combine. Dilute with cold water, mixing well, making sure there are no lumps from the yogurt.
- Puree 1/3 to 1/2 mixture in food processor. Add back to original mix.
- Add more salt if needed.
- Serve chopped walnuts on side for those who like to add them to their tarator.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, this way the soup is even more refreshing.
Note: garlic can be served on the side especially for those guests who have garlic/onion allergies.
July 30, 2019
March 21, 2019
March 20, 2019