Serves: 3-4 people
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking: 7 hours
- 3 lbs county style pork ribs or pork shoulder
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp achiote paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano, preferably Mexican
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ancho chile powder
- 1/4 tsp aleppo pepper
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1In a small bowl whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, achiote paste, cumin, oregano, salt, ancho chile powder and aleppo pepper. Pour the marinade over the pork, refrigerate and marinate overnight.
- 2Remove the pork from the marinade and reserve the marinade. Brown the pork well on both sides, then remove from the pan. Add the garlic cloves, and cook for one minute. Add the reserved marinade and stirring occasionally, cook for 2-3 minutes, until reduced slightly. Add the chicken broth and pork, bring to a boil.
- 3Cook the pork about 6 – 7 hours, at 275 degrees in the oven – low & slow.
- 4Let pork rest for about an hour, then shred with forks and or fingers. Add pork to large pot with remaining marinade and additional seasonings to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Use for burritos, tostadas, enchiladas. Serve over rise. Add BBQ sauce and serve as sloppy Joes.
July 19, 2021
July 18, 2021
July 17, 2021