Amy’s Spice Tin Granola
Spice Tin Team member Amy gifted us this recipe for a sweet and crunchy granola to add to yogurt and fruit or just enjoy alone. Use as topping for pies and fruit tarts.
3-½ cups old fashion oatmeal—regular or gluten free
½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
½ cup coarsely chopped almonds
½ cup oat or wheat bran
1 cup shredded coconut
1 oz. Sesame Seeds Hulled
½ cup butter
1/3 cup honey
½ cup brown sugar
1 Teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Optional: 1 cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Oven shelves should be placed in middle and top positions.
- Lightly grease two 17-¼ x 12-¼ inch jellyroll pan or large cookie
- In a large bowl, stir together oatmeal, walnuts, almonds, bran,
coconut, and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, on medium heat, melt together butter, honey,
brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir until all ingredients are melted
and mixed together.
- Turn off the burner and stir in the vanilla.
- Add the saucepan mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture onto the jellyroll pan or cookie sheet. Spread
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir. Spread out evenly. Bake for
another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Add dried cranberries
or fruit at this time.
- Store in airtight container.
July 19, 2021
July 18, 2021
July 17, 2021