[distance1][one_fourth] Serves: 3-4 people [/one_fourth][one_fourth] Prep Time: 30 min [/one_fourth][one_fourth] Difficulty: Intermediate [/one_fourth][one_fourth] Cooking: 7 hours[/one_fourth][distance1]
Adapted from Langlois Culinary Crossroads recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ¾ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp yeast
- 1 ½ cup water
- Non-stick spray
- 5 oz collard greens, frozen, thawed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp dried Greek oregano
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 small Mozzarella balls
- 1Mix all ingredients for the dough in a bowl. Turn out into a large bowl sprayed with non-stick spray. Let rise for 4 hours. Heat grill or cast skillet with grilling ridges. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll each piece to ¼ inch thick. Brush grill or skillet with oil. Grill on both sides until golden and bubbly.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, combine all pesto ingredients except olive oil until finely blended. Slowly drizzle in the oil with processor running.
- 2Mix tomatoes, garlic & oil . Oven roast tomatoes (and any additional veggies of choice) in oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes to concentrate their flavor.
- 2To assemble flatbread spread pesto onto grilled flatbread. Break Mozzarella into bite-size pieces. Top bread with Mozzarella, tomatoes, and bacon. Broil in oven until cheese melts.