- 3 T Hibiscus leaves, dried
- 2 bottles sauvignon blanc (make sure the description is full of grapefruit and citrus scents)
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 small orange, halved and thinly sliced
- Ice, for serving
Bring 2 1/2 cups of cold water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the Hibiscus leaves and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain liquid which becomes your Hibiscus Tea Pour the wine into a large container or pitcher. Add the tea, grapefruit juice and half of the orange slices. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. Just before serving, add the remaining orange slices. Serve very cold over ice.
Notes and additions:
Simple syrup is made by simmering equal parts sugar and water for about 10 minutes.
Add 1 1/4 cup pisco to wine, tea and grapefruit liquids
Add diced mango to liquid with orange slices
Use berries, limes and other colorful fruits