Hummus Kawarma (Lamb)
- 10 oz lamb finely chopped or use left over lamb
- 1/2 freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp allspice powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp zaatar
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried mint or 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp unseated butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted in oven or fried in butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 green chili, finely chipped (Jalapeno or Serrano depending on heat preference)
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
Place lamb, spices, vinegar and parsley in bowl. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Make Lemon Sauce while lamb is marinating – put all ingredients in bowl and stir well.
Heat butter and oil in large frying pan over medium high heat. Add meat in batches frying each batch for two minutes.
Divide hummus into 6 shallow bowls or dishes, making a depression in the center. Spoon the warm Kawarma into the hollow.
Drizzle with Lemon Sauce, finishing with pine nuts and parsley.
Serve with flat bread.
**Note: I used the Kawarma as a main dish served over bulgur.
October 28, 2018
October 27, 2018
September 27, 2018