[distance1][one_fourth] Serves: 3-4 people [/one_fourth][one_fourth] Prep Time: 30 min [/one_fourth][one_fourth] Difficulty: Intermediate [/one_fourth][one_fourth] Cooking: 7 hours[/one_fourth][distance1]
Adapted from Langlois Culinary Crossroads
We took a cooking class at Langlois in New Orleans a few years back. It was located just blocks off the French Quarter in a charming, quiet neighborhood.
- Makes about 24
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Saigon Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a nonstick minimuffin pan with cooking spray. (Yes, this is necessary.)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, blending thoroughly.
- Pipe mixture into muffin pan, filling each cavity three-quarters full.
- Bake until edges are lightly brown and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with a good vanilla ice cream.