Berbere is the quintessential spice blend of Ethiopian cuisine, lending a rustic, bold flavor to traditional dishes and grilled meats. We’ve combined a unique blend of herbs and spices, including ajowan seed, fenugreek, cardamom, and cloves, to create our Ethiopian Berbere Spice.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Berbere per 1 cup of raw rice at the start of cooking for an exotic flavor
- Sauté with onions in butter or oil to start barley or farro pilafs, meat and vegetable stews
- Sprinkle on steak, chicken or fatty fish such as salmon before grilling
- Sprinkle on vegetables such as squash, carrots, parsnips or sweet potatoes before roasting
- Add a pinch to honey cake, spice cake, fruitcake or gingerbread batter
Ingredients: Spices, paprika, salt, citric acid.