This is an easy one pan dish that overflows with flavor and crunch. It can be served as a salad, side dish, or a main if you serve it over rice or add beans.Print
Shrimp and Corn with Lime Dressing
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground annatto seeds
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, plus 2 teaspoons lime zest, and 4 lime wedges (from 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced cilantro, plus a few leaves for garnish
- 3 teaspoons hot honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ Jalapeño chile, finely minced, seeds and ribs removed if desired, optional
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
- Pat the shrimp dry, then toss with the spices and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Let sit while you prepare the dressing.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, honey, garlic, chile, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 cup olive oil. Whisk until well combined and emulsified.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, then add the shrimp in an even layer. Cook the shrimp until pink and just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the corn to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and cook the corn without stirring until it begins to brown on one side, about 2 minutes. Give the corn a stir and cook for another minute.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan, along with 2 tablespoons of the dressing, and stir to coat everything in the dressing and to rewarm the shrimp.
- Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with more dressing, and garnish with more mint. Serve with lime wedges.
- I like to taste the jalapeño before I add it to make sure it is not too hot. It also can. be served on the side for people to add.
- Regular honey may be substituted for hot honey.
- Here’s a trick for cutting corn from cob: place a dish towel on the counter and use that as your cutting surface. The towel helps to keep kernels from bouncing away!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Sides, Salad, Main
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 388
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 760mg
- Fat: 22.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 28.5g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Cholesterol: 162mg