- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice or 2 tsp dried orange granules and broth or water
- 2 Tbsp Vadouvan. French Masala Curry
- 1 1/2 lb large shrimp in shell, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Melt butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat and cook until butter gives off a nutty fragrance and is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add juice and vadouvan, then increase heat to medium-high and boil, swirling skillet occasionally, until liquid is syrupy and reduced by about half, about 2 minutes. Toss shrimp with 1/2 tsp salt. Add to skillet and sauté until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Serve over rice.