- Serves: 4
- 4 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 large leek
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed, center rib removed, slice
- 1 ½ # yams, cooked and diced
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tblsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Heat oven to 400 F. Grease 2 quart gratin dish.
- 2 In large, deep skillet, heat 1 ½ tablespoons oil over medium heat. Saute leek until golden, 3 -5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining oil and kale. Saute until kale is wilted about 8 -10 minutes, stirring often. Turn off heat, add yams and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- 3Spread mixture in the gratin dish.
- 4 In the same skillet on low heat, melt butter, add Panko and cheese. Blend and sprinkle on top of dish. Bake until hot and topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes.